Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Water Fairy




I love this "Water Fairy" digi stamp from Cute As A Button! As often happens I couldn't wait to color it up. I actually thought I had it colored to perfection and on the first time. So, in the meantime, I decided to cut out a few die cuts. I didn't notice that the new trimmed up image was stuck to the back of my die cut and so I cut the newly colored image right down the middle with a very lacy die! Time to color again. This time I had it almost completely done and I went back to touch up an teeny, tiny, little spot and my Copic pen decided to drop a 'big blop of ink right across the face and wings of the fairy. Another colored image goes in the trash bin. By this time I had to walk away for a few days. Then I thought "third times the charm" right? Well I began to color and once again the color seemed to flow and I was loving it. When I got it finished I was so pleased and so I head over to my trusty  paper cutter to trim it up and I sliced the top of the wing off! Arrrrr! So, this is my fourth attempt at getting my card made. I did switch my colors up a bit on this one so all's well that ends well? LOL! I used a shimmer pen from CTMH and this card has some beautiful shimmer on it. Pearls, liquid glass, and a birthday die cut finished off my card. 
I am entering this card at the following challenges:

My Song: Do You Believe In Magic? (Lovin' Spoonful)
Do you believe in magic in a young girl's heart
How the music can free her, whenever it starts
And it's magic, if the music is groovy
It makes you feel happy like an old-time movie
I'll tell you about the magic, and it'll free your soul
But it's like trying to tell a stranger 'bout rock and roll

No comments: