Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Holiday Time

 A closer look at the lovely image!
 My pretty acrylic butterflies!
 The paper lace and twine!
 The paper lace and rhinestones.
I hope all of you are not melting in this horrid heat we are having. 100+ days for over a week. We have had two range fires in our valley and our skies are filled with smoke. So, I took some time and played with some of my digi's that I have not had a chance to color yet. This beauty is from THE PAPER SHELTER.  
She also fits our challenge perfectly. The challenge at THE PAPER SHELTER  is "Holiday Time." Since this is holiday time for many families it should be an easy challenge.  I hope you will grab your favorite Paper Shelter image and play along with us. If you haven't checked out the Store lately, I hope you will take time to do so. You will be amazed by the lovely and fun digis that are new.
The paper for my card was all bits left over in the scrap box. The green rhinestone flowers I have had for a long time but just did not know where to use them. The pretty little butterflies were a gift from a friend and I love them. Paper die cut lace and a bit of twine finished off my card.
I am entering this card at the following challenges:

Creative Colors Color Pallet!

My Song: (Gary Lewis and the Playboys)
Walk along the lake with someone new
Have yourself a summer fling or two
But remember I'm in love with you
And Save your heart for me
When the summer moon is on the rise
And you're dancin' under starlit sky
Please don't let the star gets in your eyes
Just Save your heart for me


12 comments:

Nannieflash said...

Morning Patty perhaps this should be my image (nannieflash) or my likely my hubbys daughter, she is so cute and youve coloured her so beautifully, the card design with the border is just gorgeous its a stunning card. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Gail said...

OMGosh you've colored this adorable image so beautifully! I love your card! The embellishment are outstanding and those butterflies are fantastic! GREAT card! Hugs, Gail

Linda Osterwise, DT said...

What a very pretty card, Patty Sue! Cute image and great coloring, too! Very creative! Thank you for joining us in the Through The Craft Room Door challenge this week.

Hugz,
Linda

Judith said...

I just love your colouring here - absolutely gorgeous and perfect colours too - this card just says 'summer holiday!' hugs judith x

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Clear It Out, good luck!!! Amy DT

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Hi,

Great card, Love the digi you used,and pretty details. Make sure to post our color palette aswell. Thanks for joining us at CCC and good luck.

hugs
Claudia
DT CCC

Anonymous said...

Your colouring looks amazing and this is such a pretty card.Just love your paper and embellishment choices,especially the butterflies.Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments.Hope to see you again next week.
Lisa x GDT

María Pilar said...

Gorgeous card!!. Make sure to add our palette colors. Thanks for joining us at Creative Colors Creative.
Hugs
Maria Pilar (DT CCC)

chanya13 said...

Gorgous card. Thanks for joining us at Creative Colors Challenge, good luck!!! Agnieszka DT

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Oh my goodness....gorgeous and wonderful sketch and papers. It seems you have changed your lighting on your photos....again, fabulous. I must really catch up on all your wonderful posts. Now my other hat...Thank you for sharing and joining us at the Ants in the Pantry Digital Challenge #7 at Doodle Pantry.

Sabrina Jackson said...

What a gorgeous card, Patty! Thanks so much for taking the time to play along in our Creative Colors Challenge! In order to qualify for the challenge you need to post the inspiration picture to your blog, please! Hugs, Sabrina (CCC DT)

Dwie lewe rączki said...

Beautiful card with superb colouring! Thank you very much for joining our Challenge at Creative Card Crew.
Hugs, Yvonne